QtFM for OpenBox

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
rych
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus 4.0 64 LXDE

QtFM for OpenBox

Post#1 by rych » 01 Mar 2019, 13:12

I'd like to try a QT-based file manager on my OpenBox. I'd be very grateful if someone knowledgeable made a module with some integration into OpenBox, as per https://github.com/rodlie/qtfm . I already have some QT5 modules installed so hopefully already have some dependencies.

I explain why I need it below.

I'm looking for a stable file manager. When PCManFm started crashing/freezing so much as to become unusable, I've turned to a different DE: OpenBox. Unfortunately, its SpaceFM also started freezing. Both FMs use GTK. In the past and very rarely another GTK app, Leafpad would sometimes crash. So I'd like to depart from GTK at least in my FM. Maybe something has changed in GTK or upstream in terms of multithreading introducing bugs down the line.

By the way, notice that QtFM is not an abandoned FM like some others. I don't want to try 3 years old FMs; 3 years ago even PCManFM worked fine.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: 5.0rc1-64bit all-DE+more

QtFM for OpenBox

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 02 Mar 2019, 14:05

qtfm-6.1.7-x86_64-1_ncm.tgz
built with(and needs) Qt 5.9.5 for Porteus 4.0 (qt5-base-5.9.5-x86_64-jss.xzm)
includes some custom actions (activate ..etc) and a root user .desktop for the menu
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

rych
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus 4.0 64 LXDE

QtFM for OpenBox

Post#3 by rych » 04 Mar 2019, 07:45

Works well and is quite pleasant and light. I already use the Qt5 module(s) for other things anyway, so didn't have to activate anything else. Thank you once again, @ncmprhnsbl!