Forum Censorship and Hypocrisy...

Please post in this category if you are extremely unhappy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: fullmoonremix

Post#16 by n0ctilucient2 » 31 May 2020, 14:22

At this time I am considering options to mitigate the damage to my contributions.
I receive no compensation for any shared info. And if you have any concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#17 by n0ctilucient2 » 09 Aug 2020, 07:57

Let me make this perfectly clear... "spam" serves ONLY three purposes.

First to "proselytize" (eg. the goal of a "shill"... is to steal using embezzlement tactics such as "clickbait").

Second to "defraud" (eg. the goal of a "swindler"... is to steal using embezzlement tactics such as "charge back").

Third to "vandalize" (eg. the goal of a "vandal"... is to deface using trespassing tactics such as "spoofing").

I retired from a career in loss prevention (including serving @ "ground zero" in NYC during 911 losing one of my subordinates and sustaining permanent injuries while charged with the responsibility of investigating and eliminating these type of activities.

To be cast in this light... to me is disturbing... disrespectful and highly offensive.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 10 Aug 2020, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
I receive no compensation for any shared info. And if you have any concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#18 by francois » 09 Aug 2020, 11:35

Please cite these posts or thread where you say that there is offense to you. I will look at it and see what can be done. Open dispute on the forum is not desirable neither for you and neither for the community.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#19 by n0ctilucient2 » 10 Aug 2020, 11:07

First... I have NEVER engaged in dispute only instead the choice of dissent which comes from my right to agree to disagree (aka. "to disagree w/o being disageeable"). I can't say that others have done the same. That stated... I have no interest in being "my brothers keeper" either. As they say... "to each his own".

Therefore.. citation is moot. But the narrative ("spam") is relevant which ALL mods with few exceptions have weaponized to vandalize my accounts for years using draconian sanctions.

This authoritarian abuse spans 6yrs and wiped out 3 accounts containing years of untold community contributions under the pretext of policy to conceal biased hatred.

All of this easily avoided by reaching out reasonably through PM if there was a concern... instead of hiding in an ivory tower. It will take months or even years to mitigate the damage to my accounts.

Policy can only be a draconian default... without "outreach" the absence of which is the ultimate failure of an arbitrary and capricious system.

You can trust that I spent my career before retirement tirelessly and thanklessly enforcing policy (even to the point of permanently damaging my health) . And you can take it to the bank... that I have forgotten more than most have learned regarding this subject.